Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mom....Hard to Believe It's Been 6 Years

I never really realized just how much I was like my mother until she was gone.  So many similarities...my love for coffee, never leaving the house without making sure my hair and makeup are done down to making sure there is an overwhelming amount of Christmas presents under the Christmas tree. Funny...anyone how knew my mom, knew she never left the house until her hair and makeup were done - even if it meant waiting hours on her LOL. Christmas brings fond memories of her....she always made sure Christmas was special and being Irish, St. Patrick's Day was always celebrated with corned beef and cabbage and anything that was green. My mother had a love for the water and fishing and enjoyed time on the beach. She was kind and generous and often had gifts for people "just because".  I often wonder if she is still with me, but there have been signs the past 6 years that she is near me and looking over me and my children.  At times when I'm getting ready to go to sleep I do talk to her...I know she's listening. I believe she's guided me through a lot of my hard times the past 2 years.  She's missed dearly, but I know one day we will be together again. It's important to me that she knows she was loved...I love you mom!

No comments: