Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All That's Green

          If Gracie has a reason to get dressed up for something she's going to do it and go all out! I believe during the month of March Gracie's school (4th grade - West Creek Hills Elementary) celebrated a number of crazy days (Wacky Hair Day, Crazy Hat Day, Mismatch Day, Green Day etc...).  Above is a pic of Gracie dressing up for what I believe was "Green Day". 

          We did manage to hit the St. Paddy's Day Parade this year (it was cancelled last year due to weather). This year it was sunny, but windy, and they had the parade on March 22nd - it wasn't quite the same since St. Paddy's day had come and gone already but we had a good time anyway (and hit McDonald's on the way home for one last Shamrock Shake)! I did manage to make the traditional corned beef/cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. Sadly, St. Patrick's Day is nothing like it was when I was a kid when I was living back on Long Island.  I have such great memories of the Rocky Point parade and just having a blast with friends....shoot you would think it was Christmas the way they celebrate St. Patrick's Day back home on Long Island....LOL.

No comments: