Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jersey Mike Memorial Rock& Run 5K

I'm not really into running but have recently incorporated it back into my workouts the past couple of months and my friend (Audie) told me about the Jersey Mike Memorial Rock & Run 5K here in Harrisburg at City Island on Saturday, April 13th so I decided to participate. Other then running on my treadmill, I haven't ran in a 5K in over five years so I was a little skeptical.  My goal was to run it from start to finish without stopping and I DID IT! I wasn't going for time...I just wanted to FINISH IT.  I am not a fast runner so I wasn't going to embarrass myself with trying to be one of the top 100 runners with the best time. I was elated that I ran it without stopping - goal accomplished! Now onto the YWCA 5K Run April 27th! 

No comments: