Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 19, 2012

12 Week Anti-Inflamatory Detox Program

Well I have now been on an anti-inflamatory detox program for 4 weeks now. I am down approx 12lbs and lost 10.5 inches. I am very pleased with the program as it does work.  In the past four weeks I have given up caffeine. Anyone who knows me knows that I was a coffee junky (I always had a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks coffee in my hand).  Two weeks into the program I weined myself off the caffeine and now, for the past two weeks, I have been coffee/caffeine free.  I am also off one of the prescriptions I have been taking for the past 7 years. I have had nothing but positives results on this program. The only downfall is....the program is very very costly.  In prepping the body for a detox there are several herbal supplements that you MUST take (I take 15 supplements in the a.m. and 15 supplements in the p.m.) - I have spent boo-coo bucks on supplements the past four weeks. I have been feeling great, seeing a tremendous difference in the mirror and my clothes are fitting great! Other then the cost of the program I do not care for the "lemonade" detox.  I had to do the lemonade detox for three days during the first phase of the program and I just found out that during the second phase I will be doing a five day lemonade detox (BLAH....). But like I said, the program does work. I now live and eat clean. I eat nothing with preservatives in it and absolutely NO dairy. I have essentially been living on veggies and fruit and guess what? I AM NEVER HUNGRY? Now when I do the lemonade detox I do get hunger pains - I find the detox all but unbearable but for the cost of the dang program I will suck it up and fair through the detox.  This is just my four week update. I will update again at 8 weeks and 12 weeks. Peace!

Week 7 Update

Well I just finished my 7th week of the Anti-Inflamatory Detox Program and I am down approximately 20lbs. I feel great! I am now not only caffeine free but I am prescription free as well. No more meds other then the 30 herbal/all natural supplements I take daily LOL. I was taking an antibiotic on and off for chronic acne along my chin/neck region and I was afraid to go off of the meds because any time I did go off the medication I would breakout and have to start back up with the meds again. At about week 5 of the detox program I decided to stop taking the antibiotics and I have had NO acne breakouts.....just incredible.   All in all I would say this program has benefited me tremendously. I went in wanting to lose about 20lbs but there were so many other benefits that came with that 20lb weightloss. I will post my final update once I finish the program which is in about four weeks.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Will try it out.