Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tammie....

A friend from back on Long Island passed away February 29th. It broke my heart when I first heard the news. I never thought in a million years I would be going home to Long Island for one of my friend's funerals! I was unsure if I was going to make the road trip but after thinking about it overnight I knew I had to go home. Tammie was a part of my life back in the days when I was living in Rocky Point. Me and Tam were diehard NY Ranger fans and we were always sporting our NY Ranger jerseys/jackets/t-shirts etc...You rarely, if ever, saw a girl walking the halls of Rocky Point Junior Senior High School wearing NY Ranger attire, but me and Tam were different...and made sure everyone knew we were die-hard NY Ranger fanatics.  Oh man...the bus rides to and from school BSing about the game the night before....gosh...I could go on and on about all my memories....but the most special memory I have always cherished was the train ride to Madison Square Garden.  My dad took me and Tammie to our very first NY Ranger game.  I can't say enough kind words about Tam but when I think of her and picture her face I see her smiling and that's what I will always remember....that beautiful smile.  If you think about it, Tammie isn't gone...because we can still see her.....we can see her through the eyes of her children...she's there.

Tammie (Lodico) Smith - June 23, 1969 - February 29, 2012

No comments: