Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Family History

A number of years ago I made a mini-scrapbook of my Grandpa Leo (Leo Devine) who passed away in 1979. Grandpa Leo died when I was 12 years but I always had very fond memories of him from my childhood. Unfortunately, I had little, if any, information to journal in the album so I have been scoping out family members for some family history. My cousin (Jeannine) sent me a picture which was a "funeral card" of my Grandpap's uncle (Patrick Wogan)who was killed in action in Italy during WWII. The funeral card listed where my family was from (Cartown, Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland). I always new my ancestors were from Ireland - I was just unsure what part of Ireland they were from. So I am making some progress but have a lot more research to do. It's a scrapbook I wanted to pass down to my kids. I wish they could have known their great-grandfather. He had a positive effect on my life when I was a child and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

No comments: